Monday, June 13, 2016

Handmade Australia Magazine No's 13 to 19 article summary (I like the sneaker makeover the best)

Handmade magazine16
Handmade Australia magazines number 13 to 19 were from 1987, right in the heart of the 80's.  The fashion knits and sewing were very much of their time and these issues did not disappoint with the Australian Bi-Centenary feel around at that time.  But aside from the knits, crochet, and sewing fashions there is still the increasing craft content in Handmade Magazine.


Handmade magazine 13

Handmade Magazine 15

Cute soft cloth bags from number 18

Sneakers Makeover from No 17

I found some wonderful crafts that are back again.  My favourite was the upcycling of your sneakers using marking pens (back around for another go today).

This group of magazines actually is missing number 14.  I don't have it at the moment and I couldn't find a back issue picture of the cover or a coming next time list of projects.  This content will have to wait until I have that magazine.

Handmade Magazine 17
I think the covergirl of Handmade July/August 1987 (no 16) was Annie Jones the Neighbour's actress, but I cannot be certain (there is no credit inside the magazine).

Handmade Magazine 19

Handmade Magazine 18

No comments:

Post a Comment