Monday, June 13, 2016

Handmade Australia Magazine 20 to 25 - becomes Womens Weekly publication and includes some Australian craft classic patterns

Handmade Magazine 25
Handmade Australia was bought by Australian Consolidated Press from Fairfax with number 21 in Spring 1988. This change lead to changes in the content and I have to say the content in these issues is extremely familiar to me from my youth.
Handmade Magazine 21
My grandmother crocheted the tartan blanket featured which is still in use on my armchair today.
Tartan blanket from Handmade Magazine 25
My sister embroidered the ant buttons for Christmas one year.
Embroidered Buttons from Handmade Magazine 25

The animal seats look just like those motorised versions creeping around shopping centres these days.

Animal seats from Handmade Magazine 23

The issues in this group still contain lots of fashion sewing, knits and crochet but you can see the craft aspect is becoming more important.


Cat cross stitch softies from Handmade Magazine 25




Handmade Magazine 20



Handmade Magazine 22

Handmad Magazine 23

Handmade Magazine 24



Reupholstering Chair from Handmade Magazine 23

No comments:

Post a Comment