Sunday, June 12, 2016

Australian Handmade Magazine Issues 7 to 12 Contents (and my interesting bits)

Handmade Magazine 7

This post explores the Handmade Australia magazine numbers 7 through to 12. These magazines date from Summer 1985 to December 1986. 

Like the first 6 issues of Handmade there is a focus on women's and to a lesser extent men's knitted and sewn fashions although you see as the issues go on more emphasis on crafting and how-tos.

There is a couple of stand-out projects that I want to revisit from these issues - the Barbar the Elephant applique T-shirt (Jan-Feb 1986) I'm sure I saw around lots as a kid. Also the zouave pants pattern (Aug-Sep 1986) and the jumpsuit (Summer 1985-86) look like they would be great to make up and wear. I wish I could knit because the scotty dog jumper (Jan-Feb 1986) is very nice.


Handmade Magazine 8
 
Handmade Magazine 9

Handmade Magazine 10

Handmade Magazine 11

Handmade Magazine 12

No comments:

Post a Comment